Friday, May 14, 2010

The Research Routine

I'm grading research paper rough drafts this month, so my blogs will most likely be short and sweet (and it explains why I haven't posted in two weeks). Each year I'm convinced I can get through them quickly and efficiently, but each year I am inundated with notecards, outlines, VERY rough drafts, and a slight headache right between the eyes.

I am learning, however, some interesting things about Ibsen's Nora Helmer and her quest for independence; Hermann Hesse's fascination with Eastern religion in the writing of Siddhartha; Fate as a driving force in Oedipus Rex; and why both Camus' Meursault and Dostoevsky's Raskolnikov create their OWN alienation. :)


Caro said...

hard working, but learning a lot too then :) Hope you will get through before the weekend so you can enjoy that.

Julia Buckley said...

Thanks, Caro! I have less than ten to go. But it's taken me three weeks. :)