Friday, May 14, 2010

The Research Routine

I'm grading research paper rough drafts this month, so my blogs will most likely be short and sweet (and it explains why I haven't posted in two weeks). Each year I'm convinced I can get through them quickly and efficiently, but each year I am inundated with notecards, outlines, VERY rough drafts, and a slight headache right between the eyes.

I am learning, however, some interesting things about Ibsen's Nora Helmer and her quest for independence; Hermann Hesse's fascination with Eastern religion in the writing of Siddhartha; Fate as a driving force in Oedipus Rex; and why both Camus' Meursault and Dostoevsky's Raskolnikov create their OWN alienation. :)

4 comments:

Carola Rummens said...

hard working, but learning a lot too then :) Hope you will get through before the weekend so you can enjoy that.

Julia Buckley said...

Thanks, Caro! I have less than ten to go. But it's taken me three weeks. :)

Pamelas blog said...

Evaluating research work is difficult. When students pay for papers, these papers are even more professional and they need to be read even more carefully.

Pamelas blog said...

Evaluating research work is difficult. When students pay for term papers, these papers are even more professional and they need to be read even more carefully