Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm Reading Three Books

 Yup--three books.  That's how cool I am.  :)

In my chair in the afternoon, I am reading a clever and fascinating novel called THE PHYSICK BOOK OF DELIVERANCE DANE, which divides its narration between the era of the Salem Witch Trials and the modern day, when a doctoral student finds an old parchment which leads her to a story of a woman named Deliverance, once cast out as a witch. A really fun read with some good insider information about Harvard and academia, as well as some Crucible-like witch trial drama.            



During breaks at work, I'm reading Brigid Pasulka's delightful tale of romance called A LONG, LONG TIME AGO AND ESSENTIALLY TRUE.  Set in Poland, it too spans two time periods and two romances, while also establishing a love affair with the Polish setting.  A funny and whimsical read, and a real delight.





And at night in bed, I'm reading Erin Kelly's THE DARK ROSE, a spooky but elegant suspense tale that makes me look forward to bedtime.

No comments: