One of my primary Christmas gifts is a cold, bestowed upon my by my son, who in turn caught it at the germ factory known as grade school.
Today I need to do some major revisions on a book that I hope to be sending to my agent soon. Unfortunately, the following things are impeding my chances of getting that done.
1. Blogging is easier than revising.
2. I want to take a nap.
3. While my mind is racing with things I need to do, phone calls I need to make, new toys I need to put away, dishes I need to wash, etcetera--my body mostly wants to sit in a chair.
4. The office is the coldest room in the house. I would rather be sitting ON the heater, inside a tub of hot tea.
5. I found my morning shower to be a difficult task.
6. I want to take a nap.
7. I need to make some sort of nutritious food, but I don't have the wherewithal to open cabinet doors and make decisions.
8. Upon reflection, the entire book seems dumb.
9. The cat is sitting on me.
10. The children just popped in a movie--that's just about my speed.
Anyone else ever been in this bind?
(image from marthaschindler.com)