Monday, January 12, 2009

This is Great Mystery Weather!

The winter storm warnings are back: 2-6 inches expected, with blowing and drifting snow AND dangerously cold temperatures. Thursday the high will be four degrees.

At times like this there is only one sane response: a pile of mysteries and a pot of tea. If school is cancelled, I will hole up in my house, watch the whiteness swirling past the windows, and read. Ahhh.

I'm still finishing my bedtime book, Jill McGown's PICTURE OF INNOCENCE. Then, on the recommendation of Sandra Parshall, I'll venture out of the mystery world long enough to read the slim COLD COMFORT FARM. I'm expecting a couple of fresh mysteries in the mail, and hopefully I'll be writing about those purchases in the near future.

Life's biggest tragedy is that there isn't enough time to read. But Mother Nature sometimes provides it. :)

2 comments:

Neil Plakcy said...

Thank you for reminding me why I live in South Florida!

Julia Buckley said...

Hahaha. Neil, even your shirt looks Floridian. I can remember summer--vaguely.

But you should come for a visit the cold land sometime. Bring your parka. :)