Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Literature and Internet Travel


Once again I am teaching the great CRIME AND PUNISHMENT, the book that keeps on giving. :)

While perusing online pictures of St. Petersburg for my students, I found this lovely website which provides all sorts of snapshots of this historic and amazing city. For a glimpse of some beautiful Russian architecture, click on some of these photo essays, especially the stylish black and white one depicting St. Petersburg in winter.

If you're a CRIME AND PUNISHMENT fan like me, it's always rewarding to find the sites mentioned in the novel, and many of them can be found here.

The internet creates many problems, I suppose, but what a visual wonderland it is for teachers who want to share images with their students!

The image, by the way, is another C and P location: the stark and beautiful Siberia. (Photo link here).

No comments: