Sunday, February 04, 2007

Love is Murder Highlights

I had a lovely time at the Love is Murder Conference in Rosemont, Illinois. I had the opportunity to re-connect with Bouchercon friends like Deb Baker, pictured at the signing table with me, above. Deb and I got to chat about promotion and future books and the challenges of the writing life. And naturally we shared some laughs.

I also had the chance to meet my e-friend Lonnie Cruse, pictured here with Jeanne Stein and Shane Gericke, two people from my "First Timers" panel. Lonnie and I have recently started a blog together (Poe's Deadly Daughters), so it was wonderful to meet her in person.
This week I'll be sharing photos and stories from this terrific conference. It was a nicely planned, smoothly run event, and there were many terrific panels that piqued my interest in many authors and their books.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time! You are so much fun!

Julia Buckley said...

Glad to see you got home okay, Deb! I almost got blown off of the expressway by those wintry winds. Was it better on Sunday?

Bill Cameron said...

Hey, you! Glad you had fun! I am up to my eyeballs with emails from folks indignant that I was off cavorting rather than working on THEIR projects all weekend long, but I will check in with ya shortly, Julia!

Julia Buckley said...

Hey, thanks, Man.