Saturday, September 15, 2007

Victims Are Only Fun in Mysteries


Every mystery needs a victim; in fact, I sometimes take pleasure in trying to figure out who's going to get murdered--generally, in the standard revenge tale, it's the most hate-worthy person, the one that you want to see getting his or her comeuppance.

In real life, though, nobody likes a victim. I realized that I may play this role myself more often than I should. There's no point in spending precious time and energy on blame, which has never been productive.

I just saw these quotes in the Higher Awareness newsletter.

"When we blame, we give away our power."

-- Greg Anderson

"People who consider themselves victims of their circumstances will always remain victims unless they develop a greater vision for their lives."

-- Stedman Graham

Food for thought, Greg and Stedman. I'm going to spend today trying to harness my power and use it to my advantage. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but that will be part of the experiment. Who's with me? :)

Link to image here.

No comments: