Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Snow Bids Farewell

Chicago got one last visit from the cold and blustery today; I was lucky enough to get only about an inch and a half of the white stuff, but some of the Chicago suburbs got as many as six inches. Just when you think you've said goodbye to winter . . . .

Still, it's never really a surprise when the snow visits in early spring and covers the flowers that were bold enough to peek out of the earth. The weather people say that our season total exceeds 50 inches of snow, but that last year it exceeded 60, so I guess my "this is the worst winter" attitude is based on illusion.

Spring can take its time, that's fine with me, as long as we don't go from 50 degrees to 80 degrees and skip the mild days altogether.

On another note, I'm blogging at PDD today with my all-time favorite suspense/adventure movies.

photo link here.

No comments: