A quick perusal of the web tells me that the most common New Year's resolutions, year after year, have to do with weight loss, quitting smoking, spending quality time with family, getting out of debt, blah blah. Very predictable (even if a lot of them are the ones I made--AGAIN).
But mystery writers have a whole different set of resolutions that they make, I think, in their hearts. And that list would look something like this:
1. Write a new novel, and make sure this one is a bestseller.
2. Find John Grisham, befriend him, and then get a blurb from him.
3. Fawn over everyone in power in the publishing world.
4. Go to conferences and sparkle this time. Sparkle!
5. Arrange for a joint blog with Sue Grafton.
6. Be realistic.
That's not too much to ask, is it?