Sunday, December 30, 2007

Speaking of Old . . .

I don't know why I suggested that my idol Mary Tyler Moore was old, because today is my birthday, and I am not exactly a spring chicken, nor am I as glamorous as MTM, which is why I chose this symbolic "moving down the road" picture which I took last spring. It seems like an appropriate visual for a December birthday.

My sons have chosen to spend the day fighting, so like any survivor, I am trying to stick to lowland ditches and the occasional lean-to in order to avoid being drawn into the fray. :)

But my mom and sister rescued me at one point and took me out to lunch, and that was a nice distraction for us all. People with boys will understand that Christmas vacation is about two weeks too long . . .

But happy birthday to me anyway.

12 comments:

Mystery Dawg said...

Happy Birthday Julia. Nah, we never old, maybe aolder than last year, but more experienced is how I like to think of it.

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to you Julia! What a lovely picture. I enjoy all you Northerners sharing your winter with us Southerners. Get thee to a bubble bath and a good book for a treat!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Julia. I hope you've had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Julia. I hope you've had a great day!

Julia Buckley said...

Thanks, Lee! Twice told means doubly true. Thanks, Mystery Dawg! I do feel my experience bone growing.

Kay, that's downright Shakespearean of you! But the book and bath sounds like a dynamite combo. :)

Anonymous said...

Doubly true. Yeah, that's it. Either that or I'm old and forgot I hit publish the first time.

Julia Buckley said...

That's okay--my online record is four. I got impatient with my computer and kept hitting send, and then my impatience was recorded for all to see. :)

Ria Kennedy said...

YAY! Happy Birthday Julia! Have a Snoopy Dance on me! :D

Cindy Fey said...

Yeah, Julia!! Happy Happy Birthday! You know everyone is partying today because of you, don't you?

Julia Buckley said...

Thanks, Ria. I'm doing it now. :)

Cindy, that is how I like to view it. Especially since my own children were not all that impressed by my advancing another year. I should have had girls, like you. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Great scenery, especially since I don't have to be out driving through it.

Julia Buckley said...

That's funny, because we were terrified to drive in it at the time. Lots of sliding. :)