Monday, June 01, 2009

Top Summertime Songs

In honor of a new June, I recommend that you listen to one or all of these songs that will get you primed for summer.

1. Summertime Dream by Gordon Lightfoot

2. Boys of Summer by Don Henley

3. Summer in the City by The Lovin Spoonful

4. Fun, Fun, Fun by The Beach Boys

5. Who's That Girl by Eurythmics

6. Here Comes The Sun by the Beatles

7. Good Day Sunshine by the Beatles

8. Banana Republic by Jimmy Buffett

9. Our Last Summer by Abba

10. Soak Up the Sun by Sheryl Crow

Okay--these were pretty randomly selected and I could probably put 100 others here. What's the best song to get you in the mood for summer?

4 comments:

Justin Guarini said...

Good post nice idea I like the content of your blog. Just like to add Summer Days by Bob Dylan that is one of my favorite song. Thanks!

Julia Buckley said...

Great choice, Justin!

Eric Mayer said...

Nice selection. I like Rockaway Beach by the Ramones, or In the Summertime by Mungo Jerry. Of curse there are songs I associate with summer but which perhaps don't have quite the positive vibe, like Blue Cheer's Summertime Blues or that great Kinks' song Sunny Afternoon.

Julia Buckley said...

I remember that you are a Ramones fan! And yes, I love "In the Summertime" but didn't know the artist's name. That's a great choice. Summertime Blues is great--have you ever heard the Eddie Cochran or Alan Jackson versions? I know it's been covered by about 100 people.