I'm not sure where I caught this particular cold, but because I just feel like lying around, I'm behind in just about every facet of life. So I'm re-running a blog I did last year about Why Having a Cold Does Not Allow for a Productive Writing Life.
1. Blogging is easier than revising.
2. I want to take a nap.
3. While my mind is racing with things I need to do, phone calls I need to make, new toys I need to put away, dishes I need to wash, etcetera--my body mostly wants to sit in a chair.
4. The office is the coldest room in the house. I would rather be sitting ON the heater, inside a tub of hot tea.
5. I found my morning shower to be a difficult task.
6. I want to take a nap.
7. I need to make some sort of nutritious food, but I don't have the wherewithal to open cabinet doors and make decisions.
8. Upon reflection, the entire new writing project seems dumb.
9. The cat is sitting on me.
10. The children just popped in a movie--that's just about my speed.
Anyone else ever been in this bind?
(image from marthaschindler.com)