Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Wonder Woman Plan

Last year I set some goals about fitness and weight loss. Pounds lost: zero.
This is not an uncommon occurrence for me; like many people who struggle with weight, I have been on many diets, and my weight has gone up and down (mostly up).

With the dawn of the new year, I am once again inspired to be healthy. Because I have a notebook with Wonder Woman on it (in which I can record my exercise, eating, and general thoughts and goals), I've decided to make Wonder Woman my symbol for this plan. There are several reasons why she is a workable icon:

1) I can always keep that revealing suit in mind. Will eating French Silk Pie allow for maximum suit attractiveness? I think not.

2) I need to be active. Wonder Woman did a lot of criminal catching and wielding of the golden lasso. I'll have to come up with some sort of workout related to that. Maybe I'll play the theme song from the old tv show.

3) If I really were Wonder Woman, I would have taken off the uniform and the heels, put on sweats, and spent all of my time reading in the invisible plane rather than running and fighting. I need to shift that lazy vision and be more active. I must picture Wonder Woman in action. There's a reason that these superheroines are never just lying around when depicted in the comics and on tv.

4) Wonder Woman, when successful, is a hero. People who make it through a life change (from unhealthy to healthy) are heroes, too.

So if anyone wants to join me on the Wonder Woman plan, feel free. It's about eating healthy and light, and keeping on the move.

4 comments:

Ria Kennedy said...

I'm working on my Wonder Woman Plan too. I try to walk everywhere with very few to no sweets and very little cheese or anything like that.

I try to think of how to eat healthy. I have oatmeal for treats and OJ instead of Coke and feel great. I have more energy than when I ate whatever I wanted.

Julia Buckley said...

I'm with you, Ria--I have more energy and never feel that icky full feeling. And yet I think my psyche craves food just because of the habit of it, so I have to be really careful, especially with portions. Pounds lost so far on Wonder Woman: One. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the Wonder Woman imagery! I'm working on my own WW plan this year & wish you best of luck.

Julia Buckley said...

Thanks, Robin! Two pounds so far, just by being good.