Saturday, December 31, 2011

Some Resolutions for 2012

I don't believe the world will end in 2012 (no matter what the Mayans predicted), but I don't think it's a bad idea for me to live as though the world is ending. What changes might I make? Ironically, probably not that many.

1. I'll spend time with my family (which is what I do now--but perhaps I can make more of that time: really look at my sons and my husband and dialogue with them in a way that is not distracted).

2. I'll stop criticizing myself. If the world were ending, what would be the point? And if the world weren't ending, what would be the value?

3. I'll stop swearing. I don't do it constantly, but I do it under stress. It's a bad habit rather than an expression of just indignation. I need to let go of some crutches.

4. I'll still try to sleep eight hours a night. People who give up sleep remind me of those drivers who speed past me in traffic to end up waiting at the same red light that I reach seconds later. Losing sleep, I believe, takes off years in the long run. Besides, I love sleeping. Hamlet gave it a bad rap. :)

5. I'll try to make some wise financial decisions. I haven't been much good at this in the past, not being all that interested in any aspect of money aside from the spending of it. But the world is in a precarious financial situation, and I need to start being vigilant about all of my accounts (even if the world were ending, I wouldn't want someone taking advantage of me--as my bank has started doing of late).

6. I'm going to keep losing weight. This is always a good idea, apocalypse or not. :)

What are your resolutions for the new year?

A HAPPY 2012 to all!!

No comments: