Monday, July 14, 2008

The Ultimate Mysteries

I took this shot last night at sunset. I'm always amazed by the way Nature can change a mood. Shakespeare said that "One touch of Nature makes the whole world kin."

Why is it that looking at all of those beams of light shooting out behind the clouds makes me think that the answer to everything is back there, too? Is it really emanating wisdom, or am I projecting my philosophies skyward?

Those are the deepest mysteries, and I suppose they'll have the most satisfying answers, if we ever get to know them.

4 comments:

Martin Edwards said...

Fantastic picture. Thanks.

Julia Buckley said...

Thank YOU, Martin. I'll bet the sunsets are spectacular where you live.

Anonymous said...

I think it's an 'over the rainbow' thing. Some of the best sunsets I've ever experienced were in Arizona. The effect of the red dust is quite spectacular.

Julia Buckley said...

You know, there's something about the American west (and southwest). I can recall sunsets that I saw in Montana and Wyoming and South Dakota that made these midwestern ones simply pale by comparison. I wonder why.