Saturday, October 04, 2008

Chore Day

It's a gorgeous fall day in Chicagoland. The Cubs have done nothing so far to earn the faith I spoke of in the previous post, but they have another chance and I'll allow them that. My husband, on the other hand, is finished, or so he says. He claims he won't even watch the game tonight--he's that angry with his baseball team. I'm guessing he'll be sneaking looks at the scores on the internet. I feel bad for him, because his team always loses right around his birthday--which is also playoff time. So either they're out of contention by now or they're losing a playoff game. That's been the pattern for the last 47 years of his life.

In any case, before we can take him out for birthday food and fun, we have to address Saturday chores. That's how it's been for the last 40 some years of MY life. My Saturday chores have only increased with time, but I still love Saturday, especially Saturdays in October. So out in the cold air I go!

No comments: