Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Autumn


The days of September flew by so quickly that when my son told me it was the third day of autumn, I was startled.

"Autumn?"

"Yeah. Fall."

"Wow--how did you know that?"

"Our teacher wrote it on the board on the 21st. It said Happy First Day of Autumn."

This made me feel nostalgic for grade school days, during which little nuggets like that could be savored and enjoyed. One could hear it in the morning and still be contemplating it on the walk home, while kicking rocks or admiring the sky.

I have the illusion that there was more time then, but of course it was just that I had less to DO with my time, and so there were long luxurious pockets when a kid could just think. That was enjoyable.

I'm going to have to try it some time--right after I cross about ten things off my to-do list. :)

No comments: