Sunday, August 30, 2009

Autumnal Euphoria

Fall gave us a preview this weekend with temperatures in the 60s and deliciously cold winds that wafted around under a bright blue sky. This is euphoric weather, the best weather in the world, and I could only dream of a place where it's like this all the time.

Now I'm remembering, slightly early, all the wonders of fall. Soon I'll be craving hot tea and a good easy chair with a pile of books stacked nearby.

I just finished MALICE IN CORNWALL, which ended anticlimactically and therefore disappointingly. But hope springs eternal in the world of books, and I'm looking forward to my next literary adventure.

What are you reading? And have you glimpsed autumn yet?

2 comments:

Cindy Fey said...

I just started "The Known World" by Edward P. Jones - the first few chapters are amazing writing. The story of a black slave owner in 1850's Virginia is told in a fluid swirl of chronology - characters are introduced with news of their deaths or their parents' births. A beautifully written tangle.

Julia Buckley said...

Wow! Sounds intense. I need to join a book club again.