Monday, April 20, 2009

Farewell, Resort Town

Today, against our instincts, we returned to work and school. Despite the joys of spring break, I realize that it's important that I get back into my routine--not only because I was eating everything in sight in the name of vacation, but because I was also spending lots of money using the same excuse, and now I am plumper and poorer. :)

At school I found that the students were also having difficulties making the adjustment (though the island-visitors were all having fun showing off their tans). When I asked my sophomores to journal about what they remembered about MACBETH, they looked at each other bleakly. Were we supposed to remember something?

Still, we all met the challenge of the day and came out of it relatively unscathed. We can dream of our spring breaks and imagine what we might do with the same vacation a year from now.

But in the meantime, it's back to work, back to study, and back on the diet. And that is exactly how it should be.

No comments: