Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Writing Doppelganger

I have long known there are other Julia Buckleys. There are two Julia Buckleys in England, and I believe they are both writers. One of them has a popular blog about her book-in-process, but it is her fun blog that has brought her attention.

She has mentioned me recently (www.buckleyontheblog.blogspot.com)because she has also sort of discovered my existence, thanks to the glorious worldwide web. However, she referred to me as the "creepy" Julia Buckley, because my book cover is rather sinister looking. I mentioned that I wasn't fond of the nickname, and we had a brief blog conversation, JB to JB.

Now I think we are best friends. :) If anyone else named Julia Buckley would like to add her name to the list, do comment here. (If you are not blessed with this wonderful moniker, you may comment anyway. :)

(Art from the Abergavenny Historical Society)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are more Eric Mayers on the web than you can shake a stick at, not that I'm advocating stick shaking. The guy that really trumps me is The Expert (I guess) on cascading style sheets. Which is funny since I know zilch about computers. Another Eric Mayer is a photographer and there are tons more. Darn, I've got a common name.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention JB...

I feel really bad about calling you Creepy Julia Buckley now. So, henceforth I shall refer to you as 'Nice American Julia Buckley'.

JB
x

Julia Buckley said...

Hi, Julia! Okay, Nice American is fine. :)

Eric, I suppose that is both a curse and a blessing, being one of many. But there's always the chance of meeting other Eric Mayers, the way I met Miss Julia Buckley!